Indoor Air Quality and Zero VOC
We have a portfolio of market leading breathable systems which have been stringently and independently tested to the highest Scandinavian and European standards. We can say to our customers if you use one of our certified interior or exterior products there will be no harmful off gassing of any sort.
A large proportion of our interior and exterior products are zero or low VOC. Unlike other manufactures we do not and cannot claim to be zero VOC, even paint products made with components which contain no VOC’s like our Optiva, joker, Luja, Helmi and Intact ranges will contain trace amounts of VOC. We as a manufacturer choose to be verifiable, accurate and non-misleading here. Tikkurila are very much the fore runner in low VOC products because at the moment it is impossible for us to manufacture and market accurately a zero VOC product.
Tikkurila do not use the accreditations we hold to market ourselves as a natural or Eco paint manufacturer. We believe providing safe products to our customers is a normal function as such all of our interior paints are accredited and tested to the highest standards. We can confidently say our interior paints:
- Do not emit toxic compounds into the air
- Contain only naturally occurring trace amounts of VOC
- Have been independently tested to ensure they are not sensitising to asthma and allergy sufferers.
- Currently hold the most stringent certifications available, in most cases beyond those held by widely marketed “Eco Paint” brands
- Our interior products do not contain heavy metals