Hall, Stairs and Landing Painting Kit
If your Halls, Stairs and Landing could do with a fresh coat of paint then this kit is ideal! Grubby hand marks on the handrails no more... Our Hall, stairs and landing kit contains everything you need to add style to these high traffic areas. Each individual item has been hand picked by our in-house paint professionals and our kits are filled with the most cutting edge paint products on the UK market. Our kit contains paint for re-painting your landing areas, but it also contains tools and sundries that you can use time and time again for future painting projects.
- Start off by washing the walls and hand rail using Tikkurila’s Maalipesu cleaning agent thinned by 50% water. This product removes dirt, grease, oil, wax and other substances from the surface.
- This kit also contains Hole in One filler to patch up any damaged areas in the walls or ceilings before painting. Hole in One is an ultra light filler for holes, joints and cracks in walls and ceilings. The filler is easily sanded meaning no nasty rough patches!
- Once all the cleaning and sanding prep is done you can now move onto masking the areas for painting. This pack includes Deltec tape which will help you to achieve sharp paint lines and avoid any paint bleed. It will not leave any residue behind when removed.
- The Anti-Reflex paint is a water-based paint for interior ceilings and creates a deep full matt finish. Due to its anti-reflective properties this coating eliminates surface imperfections!
- Onto the walls now,in this kit is Optiva 5. This water-based coating creates a deep matt finish and thanks to its advanced scrub resistance it is perfectly suited for walls in high traffic areas of the home. It is available in White or can be tinted to a vast range of colours, just choose in the selector above.
- Now it’s time to apply the trim paint and give those skirtings, architraves, doors and the hand rail a new lease of life! Rub down gently using the Maalipesu cleaning agent that you used on the walls earlier. When it’s dry lightly sand the surfaces to give them a good ‘key’ for the Everal Aqua to adhere to. Apply 2 coats leaving 3-4 hours drying time in between.
- Finally for added protection onto the handrail apply a coat or 2 of our Kiva clear lacquer allowing 2-4 hours drying time between coats. This can be applied onto bare wood to add lustre or simply over the Everal Aqua you applied earlier to make it easier to clean.
- And you’re finished! Stand back and admire your work.
- Trim paint will be supplied as white
- Some substrates maybe require a primer before application of the topcoat
- Lacquer will be supplied in similar gloss grade to trim
Included in the kit:
- 1 x 10L Anti Reflex 2
- 1 x 10L Optiva Matt 5 (choice of colours available)
- 1 x 3L Everal Aqua (Available in matt, semi matt or gloss)
- 1 x 1L Kiva Lacquer (Available in matt, semi matt or gloss)
- Hamilton Prestife 5 Piece Roller Kit
- Purdy 10-in-1 Folding Tool
- 3ft x 24ft Gripper Cloth dust sheet
- 1 x 1L Maalipesu Cleaning Solution
- Indasa Yellowline Abrasive Sanding Rolls
- Spontex Standard Sponge
- Hamilton Performance 2” Cutting-in Brush
- Prestige Synthetic 2" Paint Brush
- 1 x 250ml Hole-in-one filler
- 2 x 24mm x 50m Deltec Masking Tape 60
- Hamilton 1Ltr Paint Kettle
|For Interior or Exterior Use
|Waterbased or Solventbased
|Single Pack or 2 pack