Sustainability is not about marketing, gaining a competitive edge or generating a unique selling point, it’s just the way things should be done. It is the way we conduct our business; it is the foundation of our values and brand.
Tikkurila provides user-friendly and long-lasting solutions for the protection and decoration of surfaces; aimed at consumers, professionals and industrial customers alike.
Our product selection includes paints for interior and exterior surfaces as well as coatings for metal and wood industries. Our paints contain only naturally occurring trace amounts of VOC and do not emit toxic compounds into the air.
- ECOLABELLED PAINTS: Our paints are awarded many ecolabels: the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, EU Ecolabel, M1 classification measuring low emissions and allergy label. The classifications help us to choose products that are better for the environment, health and safety.
- PROVEN HIGH-QUALITY RAW MATERIALS: We are continuously cooperating with our raw material suppliers to find alternatives that work technically and safer for health and the environment. Our low-emission, water-borne paints are manufactured from high-quality raw materials, and the product properties are ensured with a thorough set of field and laboratory tests.
- BREATHABLE SURFACES: Our interior wall paints are breathing, which means that they have a high aqueous vapour permeability. Tikkurila exterior paints have been optimized to protect the surface from weather stress and direct rainfall, but also to allow aqueous vapour to pass through it.
- REDUCED WASTE: All our colour tinting is done to order. This means we hold no leftover colours in our Warehouse or on the shelves that must be thrown away over time. This improves our efficiency and decreases our amount of waste.
- PRODUCT EXPERTISE: We have a growing team of technical experts in the UK to help you make sustainable, long-lasting choices.
Find out more
Independent Testing & Certification
We have a portfolio of market-leading breathable systems which have been stringently independently tested to the highest Scandinavian and European standards.
Indoor Air Quality - Zero VOC
If you use one of our certified interior or exterior products there will be no harmful off gassing of any sort - essentially Zero VOC.
Water Based Coatings
Tikkurila have been pioneers in the field of water-based technology and have a portfolio of paints that are completely water-based.
Life Cycle Approach
As a manufacturer, we look at all aspects of our global business from raw material extraction to final disposal in order to make a positive change.